Profil Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi
Nama: Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi atau Abul Hasan Ali Al Hasani An Nadvi (ejaan India)
Nama julukan: Ali Mian
Lahir: Raebareli, India, 5 December 1913
Meninggal: 31 December 1999
– Karya utama dalam bahasa Arab, namun ada juga dalam bahasa Urdu. Menulis lebih dari 50 karya buku utuh dalam berbagai topik seperti sejarah, teologi, biografi. Makalah hasil seminar, artikel dan pidato yang dibukukan mencapai ribuan.
– Rektor Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow India
– Direktur Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
* 1956 Visiting member of Arabic Academy Damascus
* 1962 Secretary of the first inaugural session and foundation of World Muslim League in Mekkah Mukarramah.
* 1963 Member of the advisory council, Madina University Madina Munawwarah.
* 1980 King Faisal Award
* 1980 Chairman of Islamic Centre Oxford.
* 1981 Honorary Degree of Ph.D. from Kashmir University.
* 1999 ‘The personality of the year’ award by UAE.
* 1999 Sultan Brunei Award by Oxford Islamic Center on his work of ‘Tareekh Dawat-o-Azeemat’
OPINI TENTANG SYEKH ABUL HASAN ALI AN NADWI
Dr. Abudullah Saleh Al-obaid
Gen. Sec. World Muslim League,
With faith in death and destiny I along with any colleagues learned about the sad demise of Allama Syed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi. He provided guidance to Muslim Ummat for a long time. He introduced true message and spirit of Islam to the world. He continued to propagate the message of true religion with intellect and wisdom. He continually pursued the path of highly revered Alims and sought guidance from their lives until his last guided Muslim Ummah for strict adherence to Qur`an and Sunnah.
He told that the welfare and progress of ummah depended on unity and cooperation. According to him the real reason for the fall and decline of Ummah was its distancing away from true faith and actions, ignorance coupled with about the useful knowledge which guarantees complain to faith adherence to religious rituals and stability in polities and economy. Shaikh Abul Hasan was among the pioneers who rendered invaluable services to the unity of Muslims. That is why he was among the founders of “Rabta alam Islamic” and member of its various subsidiary organization viz “Motmu Islami” “Almi Majlis Aala Barai Masjid” and “Islami Fiqah Academy”.
He was also a member of consultative council of Islamic University Madina and member of University court as well. He was among the founders of “Aalmi Rabita Adab Islami” whose head office is in India. In addition to these he was actively involved in numerous Islamic organization. Shaikh Abul Hasan (Rah) was hel in high esteem and was greatly respected qyed. Revered by the Kings and head of states of Islamic countries. Like wise he was also looked with great regard among the religious and propagational organizations of the entire Muslim world. Today saying fare well to this great scholar. Just few months ago we have said farewell to other highly revered alims who were the travellers of the same path on which the late Sheikh moved whole of his life, I mean by this the great Muhaddith Sheikh Nasir Albani and great Islamic jurist Sheikh Aziz Bin Baz … May Allah shower His bounties on their departed souls …
Dr. Abdul Quddus Abu Saleh
Universal League of Islamic Literature
all the Muslims of the world particularly Muslims in India bereft of this great learned personality, do not know where to go, whom to bank upon, as if the sign of Khair-o-Barkat is lost from them and they are without the teacher and the guide of many continuos generations, and have lost the biggest Alim and Daee of the era … may Allahtala … place him amongst the Anbiya-e, Shuhada-e and Siddiqeen (Aameen)